What's it Like to Be a TKW Employee?
Every cartoon about our profession seems to portray accountants as boring math nerds; sticklers for detail who revel in exposing wrongdoing. We prefer to think of ourselves differently.
We're Mission Driven
At its core, TKW is a group of dedicated, conscientious people who are passionate about accounting. We enjoy the challenge of providing a large variety of clients with highly accurate information that helps them make sound financial decisions. We don't just generate financial statements and tax returns; we help businesses and individuals solve problems which provides them with peace of mind. Given the confidential nature of our work, it goes without saying that we expect the utmost in ethical and trustworthy behavior of ourselves at all times.
We care about our clients, our co-workers and our community. While each team member has autonomy over his or her responsibilities, we also encourage timely, cooperative communication with others. When a job needs to be done, we're more about pitching in than politics. We embrace flexibility to adapt to the ever-changing nature of our regulatory environment. And we look for opportunities to give back through company-sponsored philanthropic efforts.
Yes, you read that right. We are not just all about the numbers. Our company culture includes holiday gatherings and happy hours, snack cubes and baseball games. Ask us about the winning bar in our chocolate tasting, and we may also let you in on our favorite local Costa Rican restaurant. We like having a reason to wear a suit, but we're equally happy to kick back in our jeans when we can.
To truly assist our clients, we must develop a trust-based relationship. A hierarchy, starting with the most elemental services is:
- Our focus is on answers and establishing a level of expertise.
- Our energy is spent on explaining.
- Our client receives timely, quality information.
- Our focus is on the business problem.
- Our energy is spent on problem solving.
- Our client receives solutions.
- Our focus is on the client organization.
- Our energy is spent on providing insights.
- Our client receives ideas.
- Our focus is on the client as a person.
- Our energy is spent on understanding our client.
- Our client receives a safe haven to discuss hard issues.