Tax Executive Assistant
We are looking for an additional full-time Tax Executive Assistant to help us grow our team and business. Could you be our next new hire?
We are a boutique public accounting firm located in beautiful Portland, Oregon. We have been providing peace of mind to our clients since 1987, specializing in assurance and tax services, including tax return preparation, audits, reviews, AUPs, attestations and advisory work for corporations, individuals, not-for-profits and governmental entities. Our firm has successfully created a balanced, family-like atmosphere and it is imperative we not only find the right technician, but also the right candidate who will promote our culture.
TKW is a team of people who support each other, from Executive Assistant to Partner, to promote professional and personal growth. Because of our value system, we have fun in the office, working alongside each other and learning through coaching and personal development. Our people are smart and industrious, and care for our clients and each other. Your presence in our office location would be required.
Support our Tax Department, serving as assistant to Managers and Partners and providing excellent client service by performing the following duties:
- Assemble tax returns: Copying, printing, preparation of electronic and client copies.
- Electronically file tax returns, extensions and informational returns.
- Be willing and have the ability to work overtime as needed in order to meet deadlines, including occasional weekends.
- Share receptionist duties: Welcome guests, clients and delivery persons by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, and answer or direct inquiries to other employees.
- Proof and print business correspondence and arrangement letters.
- Schedule meetings and manage calendars via Outlook; draft memos, letters, presentations, and other documents; attend meetings, record minutes and action items, and distribute to attendees; perform general office duties such as filing, retrieving documents, and other tasks as assigned.
- Maintain basic office equipment and restock inventory of office supplies.
- Order, set up and coordinate food delivery for in-office events and meals.
- Install software updates.
- Prepare expense reports, bills and billing summaries.
- Maintain files of original client documents.
- Maintain client confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, packages and faxes, while ensuring they are delivered in a secure and timely fashion.
- Perform a variety of other administrative, clerical and general office duties as necessary.
You also have:
Self-motivation and self- management - a necessity.
A positive attitude in all communications and situations.
Excellent skills within the Microsoft Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe.
The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
The ability to work well in both team-oriented and self-directed environments.
The ability to stand for periods of time to process tax returns and other duties mentioned above.
The ability to thrive in high pressure situation and environments while successfully meeting deadlines.
A high attention to detail.
The ability and willingness to learn new software.
Accountability: Take ownership of assigned tasks and see them through to completion.
Excellent customer service, analytical, organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
Superb verbal and written communications in English.
CPA firm experience preferred, but not required.
We offer all the benefits you'd expect, including health and retirement benefits, PTO, an Employee Assistance Program and a competitive salary. There is also free parking, minimal travel...and did we mention the snack cubicle?! Just so you know, we're not all work and no play. We organize social events and philanthropic opportunities throughout the year, along with fun team activities and company-provided meals during busy season.
Once we receive your application, we'll forward it to the appropriate hiring team, who will make sure they have everything they need to review your qualifications. We will reach out to acknowledge receipt of your materials and if we are able to move forward to the next stage of the hiring process, we will contact you as soon as possible to set up a virtual or in-person interview.
TKW is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absences, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. TKW makes hiring decision based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.